Monday, January 28, 2008

Creative Writing


Soccer

Our soccer season last year was fun and exciting. The team and I won our first soccer game. The team and I were happy. The next day we went to soccer practice for an hour. I had fun at soccer. That year we did many fun things. I went to the store for new soccer balls. I was playing soccer and I slipped in the mud it was funny. I went home and got ready for the soccer game and went back to play soccer.
I ran for the ball and I flipped on my back. The next practice we had was fun because we all got to play in the mud. I had fun that year playing soccer because all my friends were there playing too.

Jenna


One Snowy Day

It was cold and windy outside. Six of my friends and I were inside my house playing xbox. We were drinking hot chocolate and playing Halo 3. I was having so much fun hanging out with my old friends. I was winning like always and my brother was playing too.
My brother and I were on the same team. I was surprised that he was doing so well. He was better than most of my friends. I was shocked. So it was my brother and I versus my friends. After we were done we went outside to play in the snow. We ended up having a snow ball fight.
We were all wet from the snow and went back inside the house. We drank hot chocolate and played Halo 3 again. Today was one of the best days in a long time. Even if it was cold, windy, and snowy outside, we had fun.

Marcus


My Best Day

I couldn't wait until Saturday. I was just invited to my first Flyers game. I was so exited that I couldn't sleep at all that night. The Flyers are the best team ever and I love hockey.
Ashlee said that are tickets were for box seats. They are the best seats ever. When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the smell of delicious cookies and brownies. T grabbed a soda and took a seat in the front row. I could see the whole stadium. During the game I could do nothing but thank Ashlee for the best day of my life. I also couldn't wait to try the huge cookies and brownies.
The Flyers were in the lead by the middle of the game. Then it got tough. At the end of the game the Flyers lost and I was devastated. I was still happy to be able to go to the game. By the time I got home it was one o'clock in the morning. My sister was in bed and I was really tired. Mom asked me about the game and I told her everything, including the huge cookies and brownies. After that I crawled in bed and fell asleep. That was the best day of my life and I wished it could happen again.

Shaina


Wrestling

The wrestling match started at 8:30AM in Florida. I was very tired and nervous. I was worried about losing my match. I found out that the boy I was wrestling was 14 years old and weighted 179 pounds. That scared me. The announcer called my name, it was time for me to wrestle.
The ref told us to shake hands and the match started. I waited for my opponent to make the first move. He went for my legs, I sprawled on him. I worked my way around him and got him on his back, He flipped to his stomach. Once again I got him on his back, but he was able to get to his stomach.
I was getting extremely angry. I let him up, and as I did the ref blew the whistle. The ref flipped a coin and said I was down. I got on all fours and the other kid was on top, The whistle blew and I jumped up and grabbed his head and shoved it to the ground. Once again I got behind him and flipped him to his back, held his arms down and pinned him. Ever since then I have won every match. Soon after I went to the Nationals and I felt like a champion. Wrestling is my favorite sport because I use my muscle, and my mind.

Kyle


The Big Race

I have been waiting for this race for so long and it is finally here. I have been preparing myself and my Honda 150 since December. I am so confident that I can win this race. It is not an average race, this is a National GNCC. Another cool thing about this race, it is the same week as bike week. Bike week is the biggest bike show in the U.S. with all the bikes you could think of, street bikes, road bikes, custom bikes, and dirt bikes. The race I'm in starts tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. We leave the Hotel at 6:30 a.m.
I am so tired because I was up all night. My dad and I were preparing my bike for the race. I go up to the starting line, there is a pile up from the class before mine. The race starts in ten seconds. There is a pile up on my line too. I get the holshot and am in the lead but then I crash. Now I am in fourth place. The first place racer is far ahead but I am catching him. The last lap I get the lead. The race is almost over and all the people are cheering me on. I take the win at the National GNCC in Florida. This has been an exciting and fun race for my family and me.

Steven

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven summed up our race schedule, just like we experience it. I'm glad to see, his stories are accurate, and he doesn't get hurt, and end up in a cast. His writing and racing skills are apparently getting better!! GOOD JOB DUDE!!

RACER'S MOM

Anonymous said...

Steven what a great story. It is exciting to read. Keep on writing cool stories.
Dan

Anonymous said...

Jenna, I enjoyed your essay on your soccer game. Sounds like you have fun with these games.
Mrs. P

Shaina, your Best Day essay is exciting. I can tell you thoroughly enjoyed the day.
Mrs. P

Marcus, playing games with your good buddies on a snowy day is the best. Enjoyed your essay.
Mrs. P

Kyle, how thrilling it must be for you in these wrestling matches. You are doing a great job with wrestling and also with your writing.
Mrs. P

Steven, a champion racer, wow, great story and great writing. Keep up the good work.
Mrs. P